Sunday, 27 May 2007
Aldgate Railway Station and our "Train Sans Vitesse".
On 14 March 1883 the Aldgate Railway Station was opened by Governor Sir William Robinson. It turned out to be a long and frustrating day for everyone concerned. The train from Adelaide with all the special guests gave up the ghost at Blackwood and it took three hours to get it going again. It was only able to pull the first coach. The others had to wait until an extra train had been organized from Adelaide. The line after being duly opened, served the town for over one hundred years. For more than twenty years it also housed the post and telegraph offices.
Est ce que l'histoire répétera, ou pouvons-nous l'améliorer ?