Thursday 25 October 2007

Sir Les Patterson


Sir Les Patterson, a fictional character portrayed by Australian comedian Barry Humphries, is widely regarded as a future Governor General of Australia. He is an obese, lecherous, offensive, belching and nose-picking old fart.
He is currently:
* Chairman of the Australian Cheese Board
* Minister for the "Yarts" (arts)
* Minister for Sport with special responsibility to keep sports rampantly heterosexual and "blokey"
* Cultural attaché to the Court of St. James
His humour abounds in such a wide range of racist and sexual stereotypes that it would offend almost anyone who takes it at face value; and he dribbles a lot.
To learn more about culture in the wide, brown land SIMPLY CLICK HERE

9 comments:

dive said...

Fictional?
FICTIONAL?

Criminy! Next thing you'll be telling me is that Dame Edna is not your national chanteuse!

Marie said...

We don't know him in France. Is the "function" of governor general another fictional one?

Jilly said...

I adore Dame Edna but honestly I can't watch Les Patterson. I know it's funny but he just revolts me. Perhaps I take life too seriously... or perhaps I'm just a sensitive soul!

Unknown said...

I expect you know that Barry Humphries is a gifted artist too. I saw an exhibition of his at Government House in Canberra a few years ago.

isa said...

Are you sure he's a fictional character ;-)

Jules said...

I agree with Jilly - I love Edna but Les is just too much and it takes a bit - yeah alright A LOT - to offend me!!!1

Maria said...

That is my Uncle Jimmie! And his...third, no wait...his fourth wife, Bunny.

Anonymous said...

Maria - hee, hee! I think everyone has an uncle Jimmie or at least an auntie Jemima!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Eeeuuwww i don't like either character i'm afraid. Humphries is too messy ugh and Edna too loud. Sorry. Good shot though!